This recipe is one of my all time favorites. We enjoy this tomato & onion bruschetta as a snack, as lunch, and even as a side for dinner. My husband likes to keep these ingredients on hand so he can throw this together quickly for me and the girls because he knows we will never turn it down and it’s so simple to make.
We like to use Campari tomatoes because they have great texture and are just sweet enough to balance the bruschetta out (since we don’t use a balsamic vinegar). You can substitute roma tomatoes if you can’t get ahold of the Campari.
Tomato & Onion Bruschetta
A simple and fresh tomato & onion bruschetta recipe that our kids love!
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 LB Campari Tomatoes (may substitute with roma)
- 1 Medium Vadalia Onion
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 4 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
To Prepare the Bread
Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick slices
Lightly brush with olive oil
Toast bread on a baking sheet for 10 minutes on 375 or until golden brown
To Prepare the Bruschetta
Wash and dice the tomatoes
Peel and dice the onion
Mince 1 garlic clove
Finely chop 2-3 basil leaves
Combine in a medium bowl
Add large drizzle of olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Top the toasted bread with the tomato/onion mixture
Sprinkle Feta cheese
Garnish with fresh basil leaves
- Substitute the Campari tomatoes with roma tomatoes if Campari are not available
- We like to add additional garlic and salt to the recipe, you can adjust according to your taste
- To add more freshness to this recipe, try adding sliced avocado to the French bread before adding the bruschetta toppings!
- Try this tomato & onion bruschetta as a side for your next pasta dinner!
Check our more of our family’s favorite recipes – we love to share easy and quick recipes that help make our homeschooling day a little less stressful!